TAPPSA – the Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry of Southern Africa – seeks to further the application of the sciences in the pulp, paper and allied industries and provide means for the interchange of ideas upon scientific and technical matters affecting the industry. It covers the entire process chain from forest to converted product in Southern Africa.
How we operate
- To further the application of the sciences in the pulp, paper and allied industries.
- To provide means for the interchange of ideas upon scientific and technical matters affecting the industry.
- To encourage and promote education in the science and technology of pulp and paper manufacture use.
- To encourage and promote investigation and research into the manufacture and use of pulp and paper.
- To arrange for the collection and dissemination of information appertaining to the industry in southern Africa and elsewhere, and for the presentation, discussion and publication of papers or other contributions submitted to the Association.
- To promote co-operation with kindred associations in this and other countries.
- To promote professional and social interaction amongst members.
TAPPSA produces a quarterly technical magazine – TAPPSA Journal – which goes to a carefully targeted circulation list comprised of process engineers, mill managers, forestry managers and other decision makers involved in the paper and related industries in sub-Saharan Africa, and by request to a number of decision makers based in Scandinavia, the America’s, Australasia and Europe.
Once the corresponding author has been notified that an abstract has been accepted, the paper manuscript must be emailed to lynne.askew [@] tappsa.co.za by twelve (12) weeks prior to publication. Publication dates can be found on the current features list. The manuscript must be prepared using the instructions in the guidelines. The manuscript will be peer-reviewed* by TAPPSA representatives for publication in the TAPPSA Journal . Should the manuscript be accepted for publication, the author will be notified by the Editor of the TAPPSA Journal and given a chance to approve the manuscript before publication.
*TAPPSA is reliant on the Peer Review Board and can therefore not guarantee that papers will be reviewed in time to appear in a specific issue.
Tel: +27 (0)31 764-2494
Latest issue of TAPPSA Journal
Please note that the archived journal content only represents a sample of the complete journal. To read more, place your subscription of the TAPPSA Journal today!
Review rates and features for the TAPPSA Journal.
Visit the Events calendar page for details of upcoming conferences and training around the world.
TAPPSA National Conference and Exhibition (previously known as African Pulp and Paper Week) is held every three years in South Africa.