Correll Tissue is a subsidiary of the commercial printing and manufacturing Group Novus Holdings, which has a proven track record in Africa. As the primary tissue paper manufacturing plant of Novus Holdings, this division allows the Group to expand its manufacturing operations in the paper industry by harnessing the potential of waste paper – currently produced by the extensive printing operations of the Group – in the production of tissue paper.
Since acquiring Correll Tissue in 2014, the Group embarked on an extensive refurbishment and expansion project which is now nearing completion. Novus Holdings is positive about the tissue manufacturing sector and will continue to invest in its growth strategy for this division.
As part of this growth plan, Novus Holdings has created a new position for a Managing Director. The position requires an independent thinker who acts as a business owner with strong entrepreneurial flair that can take a medium-sized business to reach its potential. The incumbent should have the strategic ability to develop and expand the business according to the set objectives agreed with the Group’s CEO. The incumbent will oversee the tissue facility in KZN, with a view to manage multiple tissue plants in the future under the Novus Tissue umbrella.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of excellence in managing tissue manufacturing businesses, whilst maintaining operational discipline. Furthermore the candidate must be comfortable managing a diverse and enthusiastic team overseeing all functional areas including sales, HR, finance, maintenance and production.
Key responsibilities include the procurement of pulp and paper waste, driving efficiencies, setting quality and price targets based on market appetite and ensuring that products are sold at the right contribution margin.
The Managing Director should have a relevant tertiary qualification, approximately eight (8) years’ experience in the tissue manufacturing industry of which 5 years must be in a senior managerial role, and strong strategic capabilities to deliver on the Group’s vision for this expanding division.
Knowledge and skills
The incumbent must be capable and competent in the following:
- Developing and presenting business plans to a Board of Directors;
- Managing multiple plants, with a view of expansion in this sector;
- The ability to assess and present possible future mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures that could grow or improve the tissue division’s prospects;
- Proven leadership skills, i.e. establishing a great culture, driving strong corporate values and instilling appropriate behaviour;
- A strong sense of accountability and determination to complete projects and achieve goals on time;
- Possess financial astuteness – having a very firm grasp of financials, margins, cost drivers, budgets, forecasts, fixed costs etc.;
- Strong commercial acumen and business savvy – the ability to negotiate in the best interest of the company including analysing and finalising contracts;
- Ability to find creative solutions to the benefit of the business;
- Possess technical, process and operations knowledge and skills to achieve the highest levels of results;
- A thorough knowledge base of the industry and key role players; and
- The ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with key customers.
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to take on this challenge together with this dynamic and passionate team, please visit the website at www.novus.holdings and follow the Careers link to register your CV and to apply.
Closing date: 22 July 2017