- This event has passed.
7th Annual Nordic-African Business Summit
October 26, 2017
On Thursday 26 October 2017, the Norwegian-African Business Association (NABA), together with Norfund and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, will host the seventh Nordic-African Business Summit. NABA is the largest Nordic business conference focusing exclusively on African markets. The annual NABA conference unites African and Nordic leaders from a range of industries, giving them a unique opportunity to discus experiences, opportunities, challenges – and share their successes regarding Norwegian-African ventures. This year NABA will convene under the theme “Investing in Africa’s transition: how, not why?”
Africa’s real GDP growth slowed down to 2.2% in 2016, mainly due to the continued fall in commodity prices and weak global economic growth. Yet due to dynamic private sectors, entrepreneurial spirit and vast resources, the continent’s aggregate growth is expected to rise to 3.2% in 2018 and 3.5% in 2019, reflecting a recovery in the largest economies.
“Building on the successes of the previous six summits, this year the summit will mix inspiring keynotes with smaller workshops that will show how you can invest in and take part in Africa’s resilient growth. The Summit facilitates face to face conversations with business leaders, politicians and civil society that build trust, a key ingredient to building businesses across continents,” says Eivind Fjeldstad, Managing Director of NABA.
More than 30 speakers and approximately 500 delegates will convene with African and Nordic policy makers, business leaders, and high-level delegates. The summit offers a unique opportunity to meet with more than 20 African ambassadors.
Confirmed speakers include:
- H.E. Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, Vice President of Ghana
- H.E. Mubarak Al- Fadil, Minister of Investment of the Republic of the Sudan
- H.E. Dr. Sahar Nasr, Minister of Investments and International Cooperation of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- H.E. Esther Mbayo, Minister for the Presidency, Government of Uganda
- Amadou Hott, Vice-President, Power, Energy, Climate change and green growth, African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Adam Ikdal, Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) South Africa
- Svein Tore Holsether, President and Chief Executive Officer, Yara International
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- Andrew Johnstone, CEO, Climate Investor One
- Aubrey Hruby, Africa Investment Advisor, Senior Fellow, the Africa Center at the Atlantic Council
- Cathrine G. Jahnsen, Executive Programme Manager, Virke
- Chad Larson, Co-founder, Mkopa
- Gaimin Nonyane, Head of Economic Research, Ecobank
- Hanna C. Wirschke, Head of Communication Operations, Technology & Partner-Operated Licenses (OTP), DPI – Statoil
- Helen Hai, CEO at China Africa Consulting Ltd
- Jørn Lyseggen, CEO, Meltwater
- Jussi Hinkkanen, CEO, Fuzu
- Kjell Roland, Managing Director, Norfund
- Lanre Akinola, Editor, African Business Magazine
- Mari Sofie Furu, Senior Advisor/ Energy Economist, Multiconsult
- Mark Davis, Head of Clean energy, Norfund
- Mark Eddo, CEO, Mark Eddo Media
- Michael Macharia, CEO, Seven seas Technology
- Nariman Behravesh, Chief Economist, HIS Markit
- Pontus Engström, CEO, MTI Investment
- Raymond Carlsen, CEO, Scatec Solar
- Alisdair Munro, Director, Knowledge & Technology, Virke, The Enterprise Federation of Norway
- Stuart Ponder, Senior Vice- President EMEA Global Payments Division INTL FCStone Ltd
- Tas Anvaripour, Partner in the Energy Infrastructure Team
- Tutu Agyare, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Nbuke Investments
- Wilfried Pimenta, Business Development Director, IOTA Foundation
- Yomi Ademola, Head West Africa, Rendeavour
The summit will take place at the Radisson BLU Scandinavia Hotel in Oslo.